- At least one of the above-the-line crew must be of Japanese descent OR the film must feature a Japanese theme.
- Non-English language films (except for Japanese films) must have English subtitles. Japanese language films do not need English subtitles at the time of submission. If a non subtitled film is selected, subtitles must be added to the short film before the screening at the festival.
- Films must be an LA Premier (Has not been previously screened in LA).
- All films must have been completed on or after January 1, 2014.
- Running time: 25 minutes or less (including the end credits)
Submission Deadlines & Fee
Early Bird: June 15, 2015 (Post Marked)
-- Entry Fee: $25.00
General: June 30, 2015 (Post Marked)
-- Entry Fee: $35.00
Credit Card / PayPal
Please send us a streaming link that will allow us to view your short film. If you do not have a streaming link, please send us the data via data transfer service or send us a physical DVD or USB to our office. Streaming links are preferred. DVD and USBs will not be returned. Detailed instructions will be sent after entry form is submitted.
Selected film entries will be notified to candidates by email by August 18th, 2015.
Members of the Hollywood film industry have been invited as judges for this award, and films screened in competition are eligible for a prize consisting of an original LA EigaFest Plaque and an official Jury Certification. JFS will also host a Q&A session for nominees who are able to attend the festival.
- Please ensure all copyrights are cleared. JFS will not be responsible for, nor screen, any films in violation of copyright.
- JFS will not be liable for any materials lost or damaged in transit.
- Parental consent is required for any applicant under 18 years of age.
- We cannot refund any submission fees.
- We cannot answer any questions about film acceptance.